Member Companies formerly Member Groups has been upgraded to:
- specify auto-approve rules
- handle auto-approval based on domain or IP address including verification emails
- link to a Contract Region
Member Companies are used for controlling group downloads.
Setting up a Member Company:
- Go to Members > Settings > Companies
- Click add
- In the modal, enter the company name, alias, choose a download setting and contract region. All other fields are optional.
How it works:
Once you have set up Member Companies, there are a few ways members are assigned to a company:
- Add or edit member
- Via registration when email domain or IP is matched
These apply to any member that is assigned to a Member Company.
Aliases are alternate names for companies. These allow you to group various names to the one parent naming convention.
Are regions that are not bound by countries. Similarly to Sales regions, they allow you to exclude/include labels and Writer Collecting Societies.
Assign a Member Company to a member by following steps here