The CNAME allows you to mask our domain for the generic player with your own domain.
Live domain: this is your main search engine link and the domain which the player runs off, it is the URL in the browser.
Please adjust to the below, or something similar:
search.[yourcompanyurl] pointing to: sgl.harvestmedia.net OR
For Engage SGL players:
search.[yourcompanyurl] pointing to: engage.harvestmedia.net
The following steps may differ depending on your domain provider. Please use this guide as a general reference only.
To do this:
- Go to your domain records settings page on you domain's admin
If you do not already have a domain, you will need to purchase one from a provider of your choosing.
- Add or edit a CNAME record by entering the value as: sgl.harvestmedia.net OR engage.harvestmedia.net
- Save your changes
- When complete, contact email@example.com advising your chosen url (domain name)
We will then run a test to check it has been set up correctly.
Important: If you would like you url to work with or without 'www' please follow these steps:
- For rrot/apex domains can you please point the A record to this new IP 220.127.116.11
- Create a cname for your domain that points to your domain without the 'www', for example,
cname: www.mymusicplayer.com --> point to mymusicplayer.com
- Then have domain without the 'www' point to sgl.harvestmedia.net / engage.harvestmedia.net, for example:
cname: mymusicplayer.com --> point to sgl.harvestmedia.net / engage.harvestmedia.net
If you have any issues or unsure of what to do, contact support with your access details so that we can make the update for you.
Important: When using a CPANEL login ensure that if the URL to the CPANEL is the same as the domain they are running Amplify on, DO NOT update their root A record