When importing or ingesting data into the Harvest System, you can set the Composer(s), Publisher(s) and Artist(s) free text fields to pick up the data already available in the right holder splits.
This will allow you to:
a) leave the below columns blank reducing duplicating this data and;
b) consistently format these fields.
To get these mappings in place, go to:
- Account Settings > Global Settings
- Expand the Template Merge Fields listed under Composer, Publisher and Artist Template
- Copy and paste the merge fields to be used in each template respectively
- Click save at the bottom of the page
- Check that the confirmation appears as a banner at the top of the page.
For data imports, if you would like to overwrite the existing data using the template format, you will need to clear the contents of these columns in the data file first. If there is data in these columns, no mapping will occur.
There has been a recent update to Global Right Holder in the Distribution process so that at the time of distribution:
- The receiving account is checked, to see if it has templates configured for Artist, Composer and Publisher
- If the account does have a template configured, then the TRACK: Composer/Publisher/Artist field (based on the template) is populated using the right holder data for that track according to the template configuration
- If the account does not have a template configured, then the TRACK: Composer/Publisher/Artist field format is sourced from the Original Publisher
Article is closed for comments.